Try some Smashed Ranch Potatoes. I remember all the potato dishes my mom made for us as kids growing up in the midwest and today I make this for my own daughter, it's quick and easy to prepare when you had a busy day.
Pick your favorite potato. Yukon Gold, Butter, Red. Wash well and poke with fork. Place in bowl in microwave for 6-10 minutes depending on number of potatoes used. Let cool a minute before handling bowl. Take fork and smash them up. Add your favorite ranch dressing and a little shredded co-jack cheese. Stir and enjoy.
Try some twice baked ranch potatoes. Microwave 2 large baking potatoes according to your microwave directions. Let cool. Cut in half and scoop out the potato. Place in bowl with one half cup ranch dressing and a half cup of shredded cheese. Mix and put back in potato shell. Bake in 375 degree oven until heated through. Put a little more shredded cheese on top and enjoy.
Lay’s Regional Flavored chips!
These chips were inspired by popular American regional cuisine and include:
1. Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
2. Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
3. Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
4. Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
5. Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
· All of the Lay's Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and cooked in healthier oils, like corn and sunflower oils, which contain 80% or more of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat - the "good fats." They also contain 0 grams of trans fats per serving!
· There’s also less sodium in them than you might think – a 1-oz serving of our Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips contains less salt than a plain bagel!
I can't wait to also try the Balsamic Sweet Onion and Honey Mustard. Another flavor I have tried also pictured is Carolina BBQ which I found in my store by the Creamy Garden Ranch.
Here's how to win a delicious variety pack of Regional Flavors of Frito Lay Chips.
Mandatory entry. List which flavor you would like to try in the comment section below. Make sure to list an email if not in your google profile.
1. Follow me on this blog.
2. Tweet the following: #Fritoflavors www.shouldhavethought.com/ and win a Regional Flavor Frito Lay Chip pack.
Be sure to come back and list in the comments section if you have done the additional entries.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER.
Deadline to enter is Monday, August 29th, noon CDT. Winner will be picked using random number generator. Winner will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond with mailing address.
Disclosure: Frito-Lay provided me with the chips and my blog post is a form of entry for the contest.